-->

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Math Memories

Back when I was young and fresh out of college, I gave private tuition classes for a while. I taught primary levels right up to junior college covering English to Math, Science to Malay. My day would start from 8am right up to 10pm. It was fun but the money wasn't that fantastic and when you have your students calling you at 11pm to help them with Solving algebra problems, you sort of drew the line.

So I decided I had enough of Algebra problems and instead of becoming a full-time Algebra Tutor, I made extra bucks by being a tutor co-ordinator instead. Parents would call me and I would source out for a suitable tutor for their children. If successful match up were made, the tutors would pay me 50% from their first tutor's fees. Fair arrangement right?

Sometimes, however, it is very difficult to match up certain students. Sometimes parents are too picky in the sense that they want the best but are only willing to pay peanuts. How I wished such places as Tutor Vista exist those times. This online tutorial company offers unlimited monthly tutorial package for all subjects at cheap prices. Instead of turning them down I could have turn them to Tutor Vista instead. Students can get excellent help, for example, with their College Algebra Problems, Algebra Homework Help and Pre Algebra Homework Help. Tutoring is available 24/7 so they will always be someone there to help them with How to do algebra problems ;)

Ah.. memories.. what will we be without them?

Cheerio...


First two commenter gets FCSB Point!
♥ ♥ ♥
Monica
David

23 comments:

  1. wahh LJ gave private tuition classes b4 :) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. huh? luckily R's students won't call him at 11pm :-D :-D :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I wasn't aware of you giving private tuition classes before either. These tutor classes they have now would have benefited many I know, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. certified tutors can earn A LOT of money!! :-$ :-$ :-$

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you had a great job being a tutor LJ. More Kaching Kaching :-$ :-$

    ReplyDelete
  6. LG cikgu rupanya zaman dulu he he... :-$ :-$ :-$

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dis one BV ah LJ? So many links... I rejeksi... >:o >:o >:o >:o >:o

    ReplyDelete
  8. As much as I love to teach Bill.. it was tiring and in the end I much prefer working in the office J

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeap BV.. I didn’t reject coz got topic to write mah.. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh R teaching now? Wah I admire tutors lah.. not easy.. kids nowadays so spoilt!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh yes Mon..lots of money but needing lots of patience..

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope so David.. J

    ReplyDelete
  13. LJ, why u always have “J” after ur comment?? LOL… I think ur smiley not showing by email la…

    ReplyDelete
  14. lol! yelah.. not sure why.. i use outlook mah..

    ReplyDelete
  15. I would have to agree with you. I would rather work at home also.
    Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yeap..i had lots of students Mon.. but very tiring. Coz a lot travelling all over SG..lol!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yeap..i had lots of students Mon.. but very tiring. Coz a lot travelling all over SG..lol!

    ReplyDelete
  18. huh? luckily R's students won't call him at 11pm :-D :-D :-D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments and enjoy your stay :-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Stats




I'm Listed Here

blog directory
Promote Your Blog