Entrecard program has recently came up with it's own blog quality standards. In order not be deleted from this very effective program, please make sure you adhere to it. Here they are:
- No nudity: Entrecard, and its members blogs, are generally family friendly. Blogs with images containing nudity are not permitted. This includes nudity in advertisements.
- English only: Until we develop the infrastructure necessary to facilitate non-English language blogs, English is the only language allowed in Entrecard.
- Minimum 5 posts: Blogs with no posts, or less than 5 posts, will be removed.
- Content must be original: Unoriginal content provides no value to the reader. A site that consists only of posts from “free article” sites, copies of articles from news sites, stolen or scraped content is not allowed.
- No full-screen ads: Blogs that include a “Skip This Ad” popup or other full-screen ads will be removed.
- No illegal file downloads: Blogs that link to illegally shared files, such as music, movies or software, will be removed. By “illegal” we mean content that you do not have the right to distribute. Linking to free, legal music and software is permitted.
- Entrecard widget must be present: Including the widget on your site is a requirement if you wish to participate in Entrecard. Note: Please see Note 1 regarding WordPress.com.
- No redirects: Sites that use a redirect (such as tinyurl links) as the URL on their account will be deleted.
- No duplicate accounts: If you have more than one account for the same blog, the duplicate account will be deleted.
- URLs must be valid: Sites with URLs that do not work or are wrongly typed will be deleted.
- No autoplaying audio: This includes music that plays automatically when you visit the page, or short audio ads that come up unannounced.
- Content must be recent: Sites that have not been updated in six months will be removed.
Sites that violate the above guidelines are fairly easy to spot. There are some additional requirements, many of which are subjective.
A1. Sites that are not blogs, e.g. indexes, directories, forums, or stores. Note: In some cases a site may be allowed if it is not a blog. The site must have a blog attached to it that meets the rest of our Blog Quality Standards, and the Entrecard account must link to the blog rather than the site itself.
A2. Sites that only consist of paid posts, product review, affiliate links, or general spam. Basically, sites that only exist to make money without providing any useful content. Note: This does not mean that Make Money Online blogs are not allowed. It just means that the blog must have some valuable content and not be entirely made up of paid posts.
You will receive an email confirming the deletion along with a reason. If you can update your site so it meets our quality standards, please contact support at entrecard dot com. We will not reopen accounts until they meet all of the above quality standards.
Hope that helps people.