It's a day before the new year and I wonder if shops are still offering promotional prices for lamps! Yes, lamps and lamp shades and also desk lamps for be exact.
You see, my home office gets very dark during the day sometimes and I don't want to switch on the "big" ceiling light because it's just me alone working in there and why waste the electricity right? So I figured if I can get some form of desk lamp, I could switch that one on instead when it's get too dark. I solve the problem and I save electricity. Kill two birds with one stone!
I saw some nice lights over at Farreys dot com while looking for some ideas on what I want so I'm all set for my lamp shopping.
Wednesday, December 31, 2008
It's a day before the new year and I wonder if shops are still offering promotional prices for lamps! Yes, lamps and lamp shades and also desk lamps for be exact.
Thursday, December 18, 2008
A quick announcement from EntreCard program
For a limited time, we have lifted transfer limits to 25,000 credits per week that you may transfer.
Hopefully, this will encourage members to hold bigger contests more frequently, without the need for coordination from Entrecard.
Great move EntreCard!!
The last time I spent anything on any kitchen item was last year. And that was for the water boiler that was 3 years old! Seeing how we are moving (sometime in the future), I foresee a new refrigerator because this one is so old, it might not even make the move.
We went to the local store the other day just to window shop and there is sure a lot to choose from. So a little research is in order. I found a great refrigerator buyer's guide online that emphasize things to consider like size, style, noise, location and also other features like ice-maker, spill proof shelving and water dispenser.
While looking around at the site, I fell in love with the LG LRBP1031 White Bottom-Freezer Refrigerator. It's the right size, the right colour and best of all, the right price!
Oh honey.. let's go shopping!!
Tuesday, December 9, 2008
I heard from the grapevine that the PR ranking rounds are here again. I've not seen any changes to any of my blogs but am keeping my fingers crossed this time around.
Have you seen any changes to yours yet?
Monday, December 8, 2008
I'm sure you've seen lots of blogs out there on your blog hopping session with the today.com extension. I must admit I was intrigued when I saw that they actually pay for blogging. I tried registering before but at that time it was not opened to the country that I am residing currently.
A few days ago, however, I tried again and this time I was directed to a sign up page. I was thrilled. I signed up with every intention of starting another blog that I had long thought of but have been postponing. This was a good time as any I thought. However the program did mentioned that they could take as long as a month to approve any new application. Not disheartened, I applied and waited.
Then, that same night, I was checking my emails and I was so happy and ecstatic to find an email from them approving my application and that I could start immediately!
You might want to know how this program works right? Here goes:
Within your blog;
- The post must be original content, created by the blog's author.
- The post must be considered on-topic for the topic area of the blog.
- The post must be 100 words or more in length.
- The post must not include any advertisements or other indication of pay per click or pay per post involvement or any other form of financial exchange on the part of the blog author.
For each post, you are paid a dollar so which means each post is a paid post although you are not linking to any advertiser. You blog within your area and still get paid. You are also paid for impression. So the more people visit you, the more you earn!
Why not give it a try if you were thinking of setting up another blog anyway. For those that are new to blogging, this is a great place to start.
Join me!... Just click on the badge below.
Monday, December 1, 2008
Friday, November 21, 2008
So I was up late last night, as usual, and while catching some sleep this morning, my mobile phone kept ringing and ringing. Usually I don't bring my phone in the bedroom but yesterday I used it as an alarm clock because Azwaj got to leave for the office early this morning. I peered at the unknown number and refused to pick it up. After the third time, it rang, I decided to just switch the phone off up.
I woke up a few hours later, switched my phone back up and checked my missed call logs. The caller had called four more times! How I wished I was in the States, then I could use Reverse Phone Search to find out who the caller was before calling back. I mean if it was urgent they call back again right?
Friday, November 14, 2008
Ok.. after yesterday's dissapointment at not being able to withdraw my money from Social Spark, I am happy to report that I was able to request my payout today and as usual, the money was transmitted to my paypal immediately!
Thank you IZEA!
Thursday, November 13, 2008
I was very excited to see that my current account balance in Social Spark had reached USD37.50. So I hit the "Cash out" button and typed in the amount USD37.50.
As with my other payouts before with SS, I expected the message, "YOUR PAYOUT HAS BEEN MADE" and I would received an immediate email from paypal indicating that the payment has been made.
However this time, I was greeted with a message that said :
1 error prohibited this blogger cashout from being saved.
There were problems with the following fields:What does this mean. Anyone else had this experience before?
* Transfer failed for $37.50 to *** - The account does not have sufficient funds to do this masspay
Sunday, November 9, 2008
I am very excited about this new program that I've just joined and I think it has great potential for people with lots of ideas and opinions about products and even movies!
The program is call CIAO! and you can earn by reviewing products from cell phone to mp3 players and from appliances to movies.
Here's a quick run at how the program works.
- After registering, login into your account
- Set up all the basic info including your paypal account
- Then using the search bar at your top right corner of your account page, try looking for anything you might want to review. In my case I wanted to see if I could do a review of my mobile phone, SE K850i
- If the item exist in the database, you would see result on the next page
- Click on the item and you will see PIC 1. Make sure you see the "$" sign behind the description of the item. The more "$" the better. This would mean you are paid for each rating you get from the other users.
- Now click on "Write a Review" and write away!
Now when other members rate your reviews.. you'll get paid! I've not been paid yet but payout is at USD5 only!
Easy enough right? Come join CIAO! and add me to your trusted friend. We'll check out each other reviews and rate accordingly! Oh after your register, check out my first review there as well and rate me ok :)
Oh.. you can also earn from your referral. You can invite new members to join Ciao in two main ways: either by sending them an e-mail which contains a link to the Ciao registration form, or by posting Ciao banners and other advertising materials containing links to the Ciao registration form on your own website. For each new member who you recruit for Ciao and who writes at least one product review on the site, we will make you a one-time payment of $1, and then pay you a 50% commission on your member's earnings from the Ciao website for the first 6 six months of his/her membership. The 50% commission on your friend's earnings does not include the $1 earnings from reviews they write, but does include a 50% commission on money awarded for positive ratings they receive, which can be worth 1 cent, 2 cents, or 3 cents.
Saturday, October 25, 2008
Thursday, October 23, 2008
I've always wanted to go into a casino and play some jackpot slot machine. I think that would be the only ones I play anyway as I've not done any real gambling in my lifetime. I mean, I've played poker and blackjack online but I don't think I would have the guts to actually put real money into a game not unless I have an expert next to me or something..
I use to fantasize that I would put in some coins, pull the lever and be one of those lucky dudes with a straight strike! That would be simply awesome wouldn't it?? I could do some much with the win.
The closest casino to us here in Malaysia would of course be in Genting Highlands. However, for some reason, no one wants to accompany me and when we do visit this tourist attraction, it is mainly to hang around at the theme park, which I love by the way .
So for now, I guess I just hang around facebook and play around with the poker games there. Anyone wants to join me?
Sunday, October 19, 2008
I got a very strange email from Paypal a few days ago regarding my Singapore account. I remembered that I read somewhere if the email had my name on it it would probably be genuine but I was still skeptical and thus did not click on any links but went straight to my account.
True enough, there were resolution that needed to be resolved. It said that because I had exceeded the set limit in total transaction, paypal now needs me to send certain information to them. FYI I already did this when I first opened this account.
Since I have all the copies scanned before for my first verification, I just resend it to them immediately and a day later I got this email:
Phew.. made me sweat for a minute there...All is calm and ok again :)
Wednesday, October 8, 2008
Someone I just got to know of recently asked me which website hosting company I was using and when I told her I was using a free provider namely blogspot, the lady dared give me a sneer. When I asked her what the sneer and snort was for, she told me that anyone who really regarded blogging as serious money making business would go with own domain, hosting and wordpress. I asked her how much was she earning monthly and she proudly said ... USD200! Guess who had the last laugh, sneer and snort!!
Seriously who actually determined who's a problogger or otherwise and do I really care? Yes I blog both for fun and money and issues like SEO and PR are of great interest to me but no matter how much I know or I think I know, I still regard myself as a newbie because I am still learning everyday and I make mistakes everyday too.
That being said, if you guys feel that by being on wordpress and having your own hosting makes you a problogger then by all means check out Web Hosting Rating dot com for the latest hosting pricing and offers available to you. After all we are here to make money not spend them unnecessarily right?
I love looking at where my traffic is coming for and I'm using feedjit dot com but today I just realised that the widget is not showing at all. Where it is supposed to show is now just a blank.
So I went to the site and whaddaya know.. it's down for maintenance. Oh well.. so guys if you are using the program as well, don't panic ok :)
I don't know much about investing and what little knowledge I have are from my economics class in junior college and secretarial class. So I dare not dabbled with it even when friends were excited over contra trading in the early 80's before it was stopped by the government. Now the scenario would have been different if I had known about Inner 8 before.
What is Inner 8 you may ask? Inner 8 matches like-minded investors and provides innovative analytics to help them optimize their investing goals, strategies and results. It is also a place where investors come to share advice, get access to powerful tools and see what they are getting into before investing in a particular investment. It is an invaluable site to be a member of because once registered, you'll get to network with professional investors who can help you make the most of your investment. You also get to exchange opinion with other investors on when or what is a good buy or a great sell. Everyone at Inner 8 knows that "Sharing is Profitable" so everyone share whatever knowledge they have so that everyone earns.
So if investment is your forte, Inner 8 is the place to be!
Monday, October 6, 2008
I had a good laughing session last night when I saw this ad on my google adsense over at LJL. Obviously when the bot was crawling the site it detected lots of "LJ" around and presto.. the ad for LJ 100 Tongkat Ali!
Well done on the crawling Bot!
Sunday, October 5, 2008
I got payout from another paid to click program yesterday. This was my first payout from the program called Neobux and since it's really working out for me I might even try out their Renting Referral program.
You get USD$0.01 per click and so far, I'm guessing because of my demographic, I've received 4 ads daily. Payout is at $2 only via paypal and alertpay. I got my payment in less than 24hours after requesting.
Come and join me ok
Friday, October 3, 2008
I just received an email from FreebiesforWebmaster saying that basically they are no longer accepting new applications to the program and that some publishers may be removed from their program as well due to advertiser's requirement.
Gee Whiz.. I hope I won't get affected by this
Tuesday, September 30, 2008
There are so many criminals around us. Some are outright while others are more subtle. Now with this site, you can protect yourself from any criminals way before they act on you as you can search out if these people have any Court Records in a jiffy. Limited to the States, you just enter the person first and last name, enter the "State" box and if this person has ever been to court before, you'll find out about it!
Easy? You bet!
Monday, September 29, 2008
Take note of all this changes people especially the one where theres is to be no more sale of EC Credits :
In order to continue operating in the long-term, Entrecard needs make some significant changes. These are summarized below:
- Buy credits for less: Entrecard is now selling 1,000 credits for $6.00.
- More pricing increments: Instead of prices doubling every time, there are now a few more steps. The new price points can be found on the Advertising page in the wiki.
- Members are not allowed to sell credits: This goes for ebay sales, posts in the Marketing forum, and posts on other forums. If you have references on your site to the sale of credits, please remove them immediately, as it is now against our terms.
- Credit transfer limits: Members are allowed to make a maximum of 14 credit transfers a week, up to a maximum of 1,000 credits, whichever comes first. This means you can still run contests where you give credits away for free, and under 1k per week. Note: This does not affect linked blogs, you can transfer unlimited credits between linked blogs.
- Transfer tax: From now on, all transfers, including transfers made with our new payments API, will be taxed at a rate of 12.5%. The taxed credits will be sold to members (see #1).
- Blogs cannot be unlinked: Once you link a blog, it’s there for good unless you ask us to delete the blog from your account. This prevents linking/unlinking to get around the credit transfer limits, and it also stops you losing access to a blog if you unlink it in error, which happens a lot.
- No more coupons: You are no longer allowed to send coupons.
- Shop closed: Except for Entrecard upgrades (Featured Status, Fast Pass) the Entrecard Shop is now offline until further notice. Please do not request a seller token until the shop returns. When it comes back, it will be bigger and better. We’ll communicate more details nearer the time.
You know, some old people really have weird superstition. When I was growing up, I had lots of arm hair and an aunt actually told that I was going to marry a rich man when I get older. It was hilarious because I was only fourteen at the time and marriage or meeting Millionaire Singles was the last thing on my mind!
However if it is on your mind then check out Date a Millionaire dot com and make that dream a reality because you not only meet and chat with millionaires there, you get to date one too if one fancied you!
Thursday, September 25, 2008
I was dropping as usual today and on my rounds at one blog I got this message on the widget.
This is the not the first time I encountered such a message but I've always thought it was a glitch on Entrecard's part. Then it occurred to me that this blog could have been deleted from the system due to EC's recent update in their rules and regulation.
Anyone else encountered this problem and anyone know for sure what's causing it?
Friday, September 19, 2008
I love to see how my blogs are performing, in terms of stats and performance. That is why I love this site called Talk Reviews. From this site you can see the stats of all sites in the world. All you need to do is just enter the site's url, wait a while and the sites descriptions and stats would be in front of you. User Website Reviews can also be given by visitors to their favorite or least favorite site.
Check it out and why not leave my site a comment while you're at it.
Thursday, September 18, 2008
Entrecard program has recently came up with it's own blog quality standards. In order not be deleted from this very effective program, please make sure you adhere to it. Here they are:
- No nudity: Entrecard, and its members blogs, are generally family friendly. Blogs with images containing nudity are not permitted. This includes nudity in advertisements.
- English only: Until we develop the infrastructure necessary to facilitate non-English language blogs, English is the only language allowed in Entrecard.
- Minimum 5 posts: Blogs with no posts, or less than 5 posts, will be removed.
- Content must be original: Unoriginal content provides no value to the reader. A site that consists only of posts from “free article” sites, copies of articles from news sites, stolen or scraped content is not allowed.
- No full-screen ads: Blogs that include a “Skip This Ad” popup or other full-screen ads will be removed.
- No illegal file downloads: Blogs that link to illegally shared files, such as music, movies or software, will be removed. By “illegal” we mean content that you do not have the right to distribute. Linking to free, legal music and software is permitted.
- Entrecard widget must be present: Including the widget on your site is a requirement if you wish to participate in Entrecard. Note: Please see Note 1 regarding WordPress.com.
- No redirects: Sites that use a redirect (such as tinyurl links) as the URL on their account will be deleted.
- No duplicate accounts: If you have more than one account for the same blog, the duplicate account will be deleted.
- URLs must be valid: Sites with URLs that do not work or are wrongly typed will be deleted.
- No autoplaying audio: This includes music that plays automatically when you visit the page, or short audio ads that come up unannounced.
- Content must be recent: Sites that have not been updated in six months will be removed.
Sites that violate the above guidelines are fairly easy to spot. There are some additional requirements, many of which are subjective.
A1. Sites that are not blogs, e.g. indexes, directories, forums, or stores. Note: In some cases a site may be allowed if it is not a blog. The site must have a blog attached to it that meets the rest of our Blog Quality Standards, and the Entrecard account must link to the blog rather than the site itself.
A2. Sites that only consist of paid posts, product review, affiliate links, or general spam. Basically, sites that only exist to make money without providing any useful content. Note: This does not mean that Make Money Online blogs are not allowed. It just means that the blog must have some valuable content and not be entirely made up of paid posts.
You will receive an email confirming the deletion along with a reason. If you can update your site so it meets our quality standards, please contact support at entrecard dot com. We will not reopen accounts until they meet all of the above quality standards.
Hope that helps people.
Wednesday, September 17, 2008
I love making new friends from all over the world. And I love the fact the internet makes us all citizens of one country. Borderless. I've made friends of all nationality, of all colors and of all races just by surfing the net. So can you, there are many social networking and chat sites available nowadays that you can even meet that special someone..perhaps even meet up with some Latina Singles, if that is what you fancy.
Explore the world by just being online and don't forget, make money while you're at it ;)
I was over at Blogthings today and decided to just look around for a quiz on money. Since this is a make money blog, what better quiz would be better to see what my money personality was. I did the test twice, as usual, just to be sure you know and boy, am I glad to know what I have a healthy relationship with money... lolzz
Your Money Personality is Healthy
You have a good relationship with money.
You don't spend wildly, but you're not opposed to treating yourself on occasion.
In general, you save some of what you earn.
You know the importance of a nest egg.
You aren't afraid of being financially literate - you embrace learning more about finances.
From a retirement plan to having an emergency fund, you know what you need to have to be safe.
Take the quiz and find out what your's money personality ok ;)